Heavy Highway Construction, Excavation, Asphalt Paving Utah: UDOT I-15; Farmington to Gordon Ave.
April 22, 2009
Owner: Utah Department of Transportation
General Contractor: Staker Parson Companies
Completion Date: 2008
Location: Farmington and Layton, Utah
This project was a $50 million highway project that added another lane of traffic on the critical 8.55 mile stretch of I-15 between State Street in Farmington and Main Street in Layton. The project was completed six months ahead of schedule.
The National Asphalt Pavement Association awarded Staker Parson the 2010 Sheldon G. Hayes award, recognizing the I-15; Farmington to Gordon Avenue project as the best highway pavement project in the nation.
- 129,200 cubic yards excavation
- 126,500 cubic yards imported fill material
- 266,000 tons asphalt paving
- Recognized as the Best Partnered Consultant Managed Project of 2008 by the Utah Department of Transportation
- Recognized with National Quality in Construction Award