Landscaping in Utah can be an exciting and challenging feat. As the second driest state in America, trying to keep your landscape green can cause your water bill to sky rocket during the summer months. You don’t have to sacrifice color or beauty to create a landscape that is also water wise and low maintenance. Landscaping with rocks or other water wise landscaping products available at our landscape centers located in Ogden, Lehi and Salt Lake City, Utah can help you achieve the beautiful landscape you’ve always desired.
We offer a full range of decorative landscape products including:
- Decorative rock
- Washed aggregates
- Specialty sand including masonry, golf course (USGA spec) and volleyball sand
- Baseball diamond sand
- Landscape boulders
- Mulch and bark
- Patio squares
- Topsoil and soil conditioners
Types of landscaping rock include:
- Basalt: Basalt is a dark, fine-grained volcanic rock. It is very hard and durable. Chat: This fine textured material won’t decompose over time and the color and size stay the same. Chat is used to fill in the gaps between flagstone or to create a compact natural pathway.
- Cobble: Also referred to as river rock, cobble rock is a smooth rock without fractured edges. Sizes of cobble rock range from 3″-12″.
- Crushed Rock: This is a general term used to describe fragments of rock ranging in size from 3/8″-2″. Rock varies in size and color. Rock that has been crushed has been processed and has a fractured face.
- Lava Rock: This volcanic rock is lightweight. Lava rock is porous and has small holes throughout the rocks.
- Quartzite: An extremely compact, hard, granular rock
To speak with our landscape center, please call 888-90-ROCKS or click here to request a quote.