Asphalt and Asphalt Paving
Asphalt is one of the most sustainable construction materials. We produce asphalt at 16 permanent and 2 portable hot mix asphalt facilities. Many of our asphalt plants have earned the National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) Diamond Achievement Award and many projects have won quality awards and performance bonuses from national organizations and customers. Our mixes meet local county and state specifications. We also incorporate recycled asphalt to make our asphalt mixes even more sustainable. To place an order for asphalt, call us at 888-90-ROCKS.
The Staker Parson Companies team specializes in the production of a myriad of asphalt mixes. All our locations are capable of producing state specifications mixes including, but not limited to the following:
- UDOT SHRP Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA)
- UDOT Stone Matrix Asphalt (SMA)
- UDOT PG Grade Maintenance Mix
- Open Graded Surface Course (OGSC)
All our locations also produce a variety of APWA designed mixes for commercial and residential applications.
- Marshall ½” mixes (Driveways & Parking Lots)
- Voidless Mixes (Skate Parks and Bike Paths)
- Non-Rut Commercial Mixes
These are the most common asphalt mixes that we provide our customers, but if it includes asphalt, we’re confident our team of quality control and asphalt production professionals can help provide what you need to get your project done.
Thinlay is an asphalt mix placed at 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches thick which utilizes a 1/4 inch nominal maximum aggregate size and a higher binder content. Thinlays can be used as an effective surface course mixture for new construction as well as pavement preservation efforts.
- Improved Ride Quality
- Bike & Skateboard Friendly
- Smooth, Quiet Public & Residential Ride
- Low Life Cycle Costs
- No Lane Leveling Prior to Overlay
- Added Structural Value, Not Just a Surface Treatment
Available at These Locations
- Burdick Materials
- Hales Sand & Gravel
- Idaho Materials & Construction
- Nielson Construction & Materials
- Staker Parson Materials & Construction
- Western Rock Products